This is a wonderful Sunday surprise from the sweet Stephanie of makingjoyahabit.com Thank you dear for the early Christmas gift; I am very honored to receive this Award.
The Rules are quite simple:
- Acknowledge the blogger that gave it to you and display the award
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gave you
- Give 11 random thoughts about yourself
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and notify them of their nomination
- Ask your nominees 11 questions.
- Include a link to the official Liebster Award page on your blog: https://theglobalaussie.com/liebster-award-2018/
Stephanie’s Questions and my Responses
What do you write/blog about?I write random thoughts be it; poems or short stories or inspirational articles. I have realized that it is very easy for me to write in the mornings when my mind is fresh. Therefore, whatever I wake thinking about in the morning, that is what will end up in my notebook; it might not end up in my blog but it will definitely be in my notebook.
If you could go back in time to 10 year old you, what advice would you give yourself in 3-5 sentences?I am very beautiful the way I am. I wasted most my time crying and exchanging words with classmates who were bullying me for being too skinny.
What is your favorite childhood memory?My mom playing with me whenever there were no kids to play with. We had lots of fun times!
What is one talent you don’t have but wish you did?Singing. Definitely singing!
If you could make ONE food have zero calories, which food would you choose?Carrot cake!
Who inspires you the most (dead or alive)?Rebecca Lolosoli the founder of Umoja Village. This woman has created a safe place for women who have been through domestic violence, early marriage and worse.
What’s your favorite “dad joke” to tell?This one is not my original but it always gets me laughing.
Today, my son asked “Can I have a book mark?” and I burst into tears. 11 years and he still doesn’t know my name is Brian.
If you could have one super power, what would it be and why?The power to get rid of people’s problems. Whenever I see a street kid my heart breaks. These kids have no parental love, their fierce protection, guidance, the basic needs of food, shelter, clothing and education. If I could have a super power, it would definitely be to make everything right for them.
Which way do you put your toilet paper roll?The open side to the wall as it is easier to roll that way. What is your biggest goal for 2019?
To grow in knowledge of God and to constantly walk with Him.
If you could pick a theme song for your life, what would it be?King of my Life by T-Bone featuring Natalie Larue. This song always makes me gay for my Lord God.
11 Random facts about me
1. Apparently, according to my siblings, I sound better when I sing in any other language other than English and Spanish.
2. As a child, Romans 4:1 was my favorite verse because I thought that had the writer finished the word shall, my name Shalleen would have been in the Bible.
3. According to the 16personality.com personality test, I am The Architect.
4. I am very germ phobic, I sanitize my hands countless times a day and I can’t eat anything that someone else has touched with their bare hands.
5. I am a little OCD with shelf arrangements and my laptop desktop arrangement.
6. I can’t leave the house without my watch but the second thing I remove once I get home, after my shoes, is my watch. It just feels weird on my hand in the house.
7. I was born a week or so before my due date.
8. Growing up, I was so skinny that my classmates used to call me Dragonfly. How I hated it!
9. My childhood nickname was Wasp because of how I used to react to things I don’t like.
10.My 3 favorite books are: to Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, Maggie Elizabeth Harrington by David Swykert and The Ordinary Princess by M.M Kaye.
11. I find the movie ‘The Confirmation’ so interesting that I have re-watched it severally and I have never deleted it from my laptop since 2016.
My NomineesMy nominees in no particular order are:
1. Tim McGee
4. Artisan X
6. Cosmic Wonder
7. Sonia Stalance,
8. A.P. Christopher
8. Nyar Okungu
9. jstlouise of Poems Found
10. Thunder and Tea
11. David Palethorpe
Questions for my Nominees1. If you could be a writer in the 18th century, who would you be?
2. Which planet would you like to visit most and why?
3. What is your favorite Sci-Fi Movie/Series?
4. What is your favorite food combination that other people find weird?
5. What is your favorite 2 ingredients recipe?
6. Still on food, what would you eat all day every day without growing tired of?
7. Celebrity crush and why?
8. What are the top 3 things you are proud of?
9. Are you a morning person? How ? 10. Sweetest thing your sibling has ever done for you?
11. Who is your best high school teacher and why?
I hope y’all enjoy the questions.
Yours truly, Shalleen.